Print Friendly Recipe
- Can also be marbled into a plain cheesecake.
- Joy of Cooking
Serves/Makes:1 2/3 cups
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon (yellow part only, not the white rind)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strained fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- In a medium stainless steel or enamel saucepan, whisk togeter until light in color the eggs, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add lemon juice and pieces of butter.
- Cook, whisking, over medium heat until the butter is melted.
- Then whisk constantly until the mixture is thickened and simmer gently for a few seconds.
- Using a spatula, scrape the filling into a meium-mesh sieve set over a bowl and strain the filling into the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Let cool, cover, and refrigerate to thicken.
- This keeps refrigerated for about 1 week.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.