Print Friendly Recipe
- this recipe is from World War 2 wives
- The News and Observer in Raleigh, NC
Serves/Makes:makes 1 cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins or chopped dates
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light margarine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- Combine raisins, sugar, water, margarine, cinnamon,nutmeg and cloves.
- Heat to a boil and simmer 2 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- Resift flour with soda and salt and stir into cooled raisin or date mixture with nuts.
- Turn into a greased 9 inch tube pan or square pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 50 to 60 minutes until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan.
- I have not personally made this cake but have talked to others that have made it and they say it is good. I have just not gotten around to baking it. Enjoy!!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.