Print Friendly Recipe
- This is the recipe that Patti La Belle gave on the Oprah show.
- the piano fairy
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). elbow macaroni
- 9 tbsp (125 ml). butter, divided use
- 2 oz (56 grm). shredded muenster cheese
- 2 oz (56 grm). shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 oz (56 grm). shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz (56 grm). shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) half & half
- 8 oz (224 grm). Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Lightly butter a deep 2-1/2 quarts (2375 ml) casserole.
- Cook macaroni in salted water with oil for about 7 minutes, do not overcook.
- Drain well.
- Return to the cooking pot.
- Melt 8 Tbsp (125 ml). of the butter.
- Stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, mix all the cheeses.
- To the macaroni, add the half & half, 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of the shredded cheeses, the cubed Velveeta, and eggs.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle witht the remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheese and dot with the remaining 1 Tbsp (15 ml). butter.
- Bake until bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- Serve it hot.
- I changed the cheese to a combination package to save money.
I substitute the cheeses in the following:
8 oz. pkg. (1 cup) combination of cheddar, Jack and processed American
4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar
4 oz. shredded Muenster
The original can be found on the Oprah website and also the ABC Shows website under "Recipes".
My family voted this a truly wonderful recipe.
If you have a heart condition, I would not recommend eating it very often!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.