Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick technique for great roasted nuts
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw peanuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter or margarine
- salt to taste
- Place 1 cup (225 ml) of shelled peanuts in microwave safe container (I use a small Pyrex bowl).
- Add 1 tsp (5 ml) butter, which willmelt as the nuts heat-up.
- Microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes stopping every minute or so to stir the nuts.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- They will "crisp-up" as they cool.
- This is a fast way to "roast" small quantities of raw nuts. It's important to stir frequently and watch for any signs of burning. It will be tempting to eat right away but they will be really hot...give them a few minutes to cool before enjoying.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.