Print Friendly Recipe
- From AR Governor's Mansion Cook book first used for Gov. Faubus now well liked by Pres.Clinton and Chelsea
- Kristy Cooper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- Grease and flour tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Then add the dry ingredients one at a time, mixing in a third of the buttermilk after each one.
- Bake in tube pan at 350 for one hour and 25 min.
- It is imporant to beat very well when it says to beat. The beating is how the cake rises. When it says add the dry ingredients one at a time that would be the flour one cup at a time. I've tried baking many pound cakes and this is the best. Sara Lee comes in second and Martha White mix
in a pouch would be third.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.