Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto or Canadian bacon
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 1 29 oz (812 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 lb (.5 kg). penne pasta or any heavier tube-type
- Heat oil in medium-size saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, making sure garlic doesn't burn.
- Add prosciutto, green onion, cayenne pepper and vodka; cook for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add cream and salt; cook 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente, firm but tender. Drain well.
- Toss sauce and pasta to coat evenly.
- We really enjoyed this. Tried it one time with condensed milk instead of
the heavy cream. Don't--it really needs the cream to get the right
consistancy in the sauce. I was trying to cut the fat calories. If
you like it plan to cut the calories somewhere else.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.