Print Friendly Recipe
- Ground pears, crushed pineapple & sugar
Serves/Makes:depends on size jar you use
- 1 quart (950 ml) ground pears
- 1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Peel and grind pears.
- Add pears and rest of ingredients and heat until sugar dissolves, then cook until mixture is thick and clear.
- Pack into hot canning jars & seal.
- I use the food processor for grinding the pears. This is a very old recipe so I cook on medium heat and watch closely. Also another recipe says to process the hot, filled jars in boiling water (212 degrees) bath canner for 10 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.