Print Friendly Recipe
- Traditional Italian Appetizer
- B. D'Amico
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cracked Pepper
- Shredded Parmessan Cheese
- Misc. Herbs to taste if desired (basil, rosemary, etc)
- Fresh loaf of hard crust Itailian bread
- Start with a plate; add oil.
- Add salt, pepper, and plenty of cheese to taste.
- Add herbs if desired.
- Dip bread generously.
- As an Italian, this was a "throw together" staple at every meal. It's popularity is new at restaraunts, but it has been around for a long time on the dinner table in Italian homes! Generally, it was the "interim" appetizer between getting everyone seated and getting them served. The olive oil is the key; never go "cheap" on the olive oil! For a real treat, and a hearty appetizer, try roasted peppers on fresh bread!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.