Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 to 8
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) day old bread cut in cubes
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 eggs beaten
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 cups (1900 ml) boiling water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive in saucepan and saute whole cloves of garlic until light golden brown.
- Remove garlic and set aside.
- Fry bread cubes in oil til golden brown and crisp.
- Add bread and oil to pot with boiling water.
- Add salt,pepper and parsley.
- Mash garlic cloves and a little of boiling water to make paste.
- Add paste to soup stirring to distribute.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add beaten eggs a little at a time, stirring as you do so and continue cooking until the eggs have formed ribbons.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.