Print Friendly Recipe
- A semi-transparent dressing (without mayo) great on all kinds of fruit.
- Cookbook of restaurant recipes.
Serves/Makes:1-1/2 to 2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 or 3 tbsp (45 ml) coarsely chopped onion (or to taste)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) canola oil (or other bland oil of preference)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) poppyseeds
- red food coloring (optional)
- In blender place sugar, mustard, salt, vinegar and onion--blend well.
- While blender is running add oil in a steady stream.
- Blend until thick.
- Add poppyseeds and mix well.
- Optional: 1-2 drops red food coloring stirred in gives the dressing an appetizing look.
- Store in refrigerator, well covered.
- I first experienced this great dressing at Neiman Marcus in St. Louis and fell in love with it. Years later I was fortunate enough to run across it in a book of restaurant recipes. Everyone I've served this to has just raved about it and requested a copy of the recipe. Enjoy!
Also, for a more dessert-like slant, you can add a little cream at serving time.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.