Print Friendly Recipe
- A red tomato salsa with various types of peppers
- Prickly Pear
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 small can diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 or 3 sweet green bell peppers
- 3 large onions
- 5 ribs of celery
- 5 pounds tomatoes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar (or to taste)
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild green chiles
- 1 or 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water (to thicken salsa enough to cling to chip)--OPTIONAL
- Coarsely chop all vegetables as needed.
- Place in large pot with rest of ingredients--except cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for about 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Add cornstarch mixture, if desired.
- Cook a few minutes more until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pack in hot jars.
- Process for 45 minutes in jars in hot water bath.
- This has become an outstanding favorite among family and friends. In fact, most of them refuse to eat anything else. We've been consuming this recipe for over 13 years.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.