Print Friendly Recipe
- Denai Larkin
- 12 large mushrooms, 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
- cherry tomatoes and parsley garnish
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet.
- Add mushroom caps and saute quickly over high heat, about 30 seconds on each side untill just browned (do not let mushrooms get over cooked).
- Transfer mushrooms to heat proof serving tray with bottom sides up.
- Add mushroom stems to skillet and saute over high heat about 2 minutes.
- Add basil, salt and cream.
- Heat to boiling and cook until cream is reduced by half and slighlty thickend.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Spoon creamy mixture into mushroom caps, dividing evenly and mounding the filling slightly (can be prepared ahead at this point)
- Place stuffed mushrooms under preheated broiler about 6 inches from heat.
- Broil untill heated through and lightly browned.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley sprigs.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.