Print Friendly Recipe
- A spicy meaty dish topped with cornbread
- Ellie Foster
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix (can make more spicy if desired)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced onions
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can whole kernal corn, do not drain
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). can tomato sauce
- 10 slices Cheddar cheese (can use grated)
- 2 boxes favorite cornbread mix mixed according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Brown beef.
- Add seasoning, peppers, onions, tomatoes, corn and tomato sauce.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Pour into baking pan (large cake pan will do).
- While HOT top with cheese slices.
- Pour cornbread (mixed) over top to cover.
- Bake until cornbread is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Suggestion: Serve with a green salad for a complete meal!
This doubles or triples very well...you may adjust the cornbread to your liking...I have served this to family, neighbors, club members and everyone wanted receipes!
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.