Print Friendly Recipe
- Croissant Pudding with Chocolate
- John Driscoll
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 croissant rolls (soft)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- to serve: 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipped cream
- Bring cream, milk and salt slowly to a boil in heavy saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Sift cocoa powder over top and whisk until blended.
- Beat eggs and sugar together then beat in the cocoa mixture.
- Cut croissants into thin slices and lightly butter.
- Place sliced bread in serving dishes so that slices are layered above dish rim.
- Pour chocolate custard around the sides.
- Put dishes in roasting pan filled with water that comes halfway up sides of dishes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 40 minutes.
- Top edges of croissant slices should be brown.
- Serve with heavy whipping cream over top.
- I know this doesn't contain white chocolate.....perhaps you can modifiy.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.