Print Friendly Recipe
- John Driscoll
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yoke
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) oilve oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Crush garlic in a small bowl with pinch of salt until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add egg yoke and dry mustard and beat well.
- Beat in the oil drop by drop until the mixture is thick and smooth and all oil has been absorbed.
- Beat in lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- This is a simple garlic sauce. True Province aoili is mixed with mayonnaise and served with cold meats and fish, hard boiled eggs and soups. Without the mayo it should work nicely on pizza.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.