Print Friendly Recipe
- Mac & Cheese with crumbs on top
Serves/Makes:serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped yellow onion
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) mustard
- 1 lb (.5 kg) Wisconsin Cold Pack Cheddar cheese(or other sharp Cheddar cheese) shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg) elbow macaroni or other small pasta shape, cooked according to the package directions
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) broccoli florets, boiled 3 minutes, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) crushed saltine crackers
- Saute the onions in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the butter in a large heavy saucepan over moderate heat until soft but not brown.
- Add the mustard, cheese, milk, salt, and pepper, and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and pour half of the mixture into a buttered 3 quarts (2850 ml) (3 L) baking dish.
- Arrange the broccoli on top, and cover with the remaining macaroni mixture.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan and mix with the cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle the cracker crumbs on top of the macaroni and cheese and bake in a preheated 375 degree (200 C.) F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until it is bubbling and brown.
- I got this recipe from the www recipe web site.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.