Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy to make, fresh taste from canned ingredients
- Eric Hanson
- 2 (28 oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 oz (112 grm). tomato juice reserved from cans
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed, chopped fine
- 1 can (7 oz) diced green chiles
- 1 small, peeled red onion, chopped fine
- 3-7 whole, peeled garlic cloves (to taste)
- 3-7 pickled whole jalapeno peppers (to taste)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- After reserving the juice, drain the tomatoes in a colander.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, chiles and onion. Stir well.
- In a blender, combine the reserved tomato juice, garlic, peppers, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to the tomato mixture and stir well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until well chilled.
- I make it with the full complement of garlic and jalapenos, it's not really overly hot...but you might want to start at the low end. I think the salt helps a lot but low sodium users will enjoy it without salt.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.