Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 pork chops, with bone
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 1 large spanish onion, cut in half then sliced thinly
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sherry or cooking sherry
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat a large skillet or electric frying pan, with about 4 tbsp (60 ml) of the olive oil.
- Brown the pork chops in the skillet.
- After halving the cabbage head into fourths, slice each piece into about 1/2 inch strips.
- Slice your onion, into a half and then into thin slices.
- Take out the pork chops and put aside.
- In the same oil that you browned the chops, cook the cabbage and onion, till about half cooked about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper,and ginger, as it is cooking.
- Return pork chops to skillet with the cabbage, cover with the cabbage, and simmer on low about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 1/2 About hour before serving, add to the pork chop mixture, the soy sauce, and sherry.
- Cover and simmer the rest of the time turning occasionally.
- If mixture is too watery take off the top and simmer till liquids evaporate.
- Serve with pork chops on one plate and the cabbage in a bowl for everyone to put on top of their pork chops.
- I usually serve this with seasoned rice. It is very good if you like pork chops, almost kind of oriental. Hope you enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.