Print Friendly Recipe
- Phyllo dough sheets, feta cheese, and spinach make this flavorful Greek dish.
- John Driscoll
- 10 ounces spinach, chopped, defrosted, and drained until dry
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly whipped
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets, defrosted
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain spinach (squeezing) until dry.
- Cook onion in the olive oil until soft.
- Mix together the spinach, onion, eggs, cheeses, and seasonings.
- Butter a medium casserole dish.
- Place a few layers of phyllo (buttering each sheet) in the dish.
- Top with a thin layer of mix.
- Repeat (six to ten times), ending with a layer of phyllo.
- Brush butter on top and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- This is a Greek style recipe that I'm planning on fixing this weekend.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.