Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) corn meal
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) + 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 stick melted margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 4oz. can chopped chillies, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Place all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Mix by hand.
- Spray 9x13x2 inch pan with Pam.
- Pour batter in pan, spread to corners.
- Bake for 30 to 35 min. or until done.
- Good to make with chili beans. You could ad 1/4 cup bacon fat for flavoring. Be sure you use fresh baking powder, not powder thats been on the shelf for a year.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.