Print Friendly Recipe
- Laura in Missouri
Serves/Makes:about 4 dozen cookies
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) butter or margarine
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- confectioners' sugar
- Microwave butter in medium micro-proof bowl at high (100%) for 45 to 60 seconds or until melted.
- Add cocoa; blend well.
- Beat in sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and nuts.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Cover micro-proof plate with wax paper.
- Place 8 balls 2 inches apart in circular shape on wax paper.
- Microwave at medium (50%) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until surface is dry but cookies are soft when touched.
- Cool on wax paper on countertop.
- Repeat cooking procedure with remaining dough.
- Before serving, sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.