Print Friendly Recipe
- Laura in Missouri
Serves/Makes:about 4 dozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 4 squares (1 oz (28 grm) each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- In small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In large mixer bowl, combine melted chocolate mixture, 1 cup (225 ml) of the flour, granulated sugar, eggs, baking powder and salt.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup (225 ml) flour and the nuts.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 deg.
- Shape rounded tspfuls of dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Remove immediately.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.