Print Friendly Recipe
- Forget those boxed mixes. This is easy and tastes better!
- Eric Hanson
- 12 oz (336 grm) dry macaroni
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour (best to use easy-mix for sauces and gravies)
- 1 2 cup (475 ml) milk (2 % or skim works fine)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- While macaroni cooks, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add flour and whisk (or stir with a fork) until blended and bubbly.
- Gradually add milk and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in Romano/Parmesan until well blended.
- Stir in Cheddar until well blended.
- Add more milk if too thick.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until ready to serve.
- Drain macaroni and combine with cheese sauce.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
- This is a great dish to whip up at the last minute when it doesn't look like there's anything to eat in the house! :) It's much more flavorful than anything that comes out of a box.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.