Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy pumpkin preserve
- John Driscoll
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) pumpkin
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 2 oranges sliced into thin semicircles
- 3 lemons sliced into thin semicircles
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger (finely shredded)
- 4 cups (950 ml) granulated sugar
- Peel pumpkin and remove all seeds and fibers.
- Slice flesh into pieces and coarsely grate so the strands are as long as possible.
- Place grated pumpkin in noncorrosive pan with water, oranges, lemons and ginger.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 25-30 minutes. (orange peel should be just soft)
- Add the sugar and stir until disolved.
- Return to boil and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes until thick. (wooden spoon should leave a clear channel when drawn through)
- Ladle the marmalade into hot steriliized jars and seal.
- Can be eaten immediately but improves with age.
- Although this was made with the traditional yellow Halloween variety of pumpkin, there are other varieties available in the autumn that would work beautifully.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.