Print Friendly Recipe
- North Carolina family recipe
- John Driscoll
- 2 fryer chickens (or 2 pkgs chicken breasts)
- 2 cups (475 ml) butterbeans
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 lbs (.9 kg) canned tomatoes
- 1 cab (6 0z) tomato paste
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 med cans whole kernal corn
- 2 stalks celery finely sliced
- 4 carrots sliced
- fresh okara and peas may also be included if available
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer chicken in 2 qts water until tender.
- Retain broth and shread chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients to broth with chicken and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Season to taste.
- This is a classic family recipe, usually prepared at the height of butterbean season in the South. Often made in large quantities and shared. Can be frozen; reheats beautifully.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.