Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 ripe plantain, with a yellow and black skin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- Peel plantain and cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and fry plantains for several minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain briefly on paper towels.
- Serve with fried black bean paste and tortillas.
- Plantains are a staple of Central America/Nicaragua and would make an interesting "show and tell" for your school project. They look like bananas but have an entirely different taste, much like a potato. I frequently see them in our local supermarkets. Good luck!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.