Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 wild pheasant cut into pieces as with frying chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of melted butter
- 2 packs of crushed crackers (Hi-Ho or Ritz type)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Morton's Seasoning Salt.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- Melt the butter and coat pheasant pieces.
- Crush the crackers in a food processer with the seasoned salt and put in a plastic bag.
- Shake the pheasant until well coated.
- Place in an oven safe baking dish, add the wine and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degreesfor 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 munutes, or until done.
- This is the pheasant recipe game bird hunters swear by in Oklahoma. It is a favorite game bird dish and is attractive to serve. Everyone says that the secret is the Hi-Ho crackers. Don't substitute unless you can't find them.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.