Print Friendly Recipe
- Hearty combination of corned beef and vegetables
- c/o Nick Sundberg
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). corned beef brisket, raw
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 quart (950 ml) water
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips and/or rutabagas)
- 1 quart (950 ml) chicken broth
- Place the beef in a large Dutch oven.
- Add the water and garlic.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until tender (about 2 1/2-3 hours).
- Remove the beef and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice across the grain about 1/4-inch thick.
- Serve over the vegetables.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the vegetables, cover, and reduce the heat.
- Simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with horseradish sauce (1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise and 1/2 cup sour cream).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.