Print Friendly Recipe
- An Apple Delight
- Michael McClellan
- 6 Large baking apples, peeled and cored
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground nutmeg, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine, divided
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml) cranberries, divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple juice
- red food coloring (optional)
- Place apples in a shallow 2-quart cassrole dish.
- Pour 1 tbsp (15 ml) juice into cavity of each apple.
- Add about 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) cranberries to each apple.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of nutmeg.
- Top with 1 tsp (5 ml) butter.
- Heat remaining apple juice to boiling.
- Add red food coloring if desired.
- Pour juice into casserole dish.
- Bake apples, uncovered at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 50 or 60 min. or until tender.
- Baste occasionally with juice
- This makes a great Thanksgiving or Christmas dish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.