Print Friendly Recipe
- One of Chucks Thousands (Navajo Chinle Agency, Arizona)
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs (15 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbs (30 ml) dry milk powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually add warm water.
- mix to form a soft firm ball.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- On a floured surface pat or roll each piece intoan 8 inch circle about 3/4 inch thick.
- Slip rounds into hot fat and fry, turning once; about 2 minutes each side, until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, keeping warm while frying other dough.
- Hope this will help you.
I will also post a recipe for a Chili Topping for the bread.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.