Print Friendly Recipe
- Sweet/Tart Dessert
- Teri Shute
Serves/Makes:8 or 9 inch pie plate
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scant sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsley chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine cranberries, 1/2 cup (125 ml) scant sugar, and pecans.
- Spread on the bottom of a well greased quiche or pie pan.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with remaining sugar.
- Add shortening, flour, and butter. Beat well.
- Pour batter over berries and pecan mixture.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
- This is an easy yummy dessert. I make it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is very light and not too sweet. It is also very good served as a coffee cake in the morning.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.