Print Friendly Recipe
- Anita's Tried & True Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine, chilled
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn syrup, light
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) reduced fat margarine
- 4 oz (112 grm). peanuts
- 4 oz (112 grm). walnut pieces
- 4 oz (112 grm). pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Prepare a 11 x 7 inch dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, half cup margarine, brown sugar, and salt.
- Mix until resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press evenly mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
- Meanwhile, combine butterscotch chips, corn syrup, and margarine in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until chips are melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove heat.
- Fold in peanuts, walnut pieces, and pecans. Mix well.
- Spread onto baked layer.
- Bake bars for 12 minutes, or until edges are bubbly.
- Per serving: 236 Calories; 12g Fat (43% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium
- I made these bars yesterday morning. They are very good!
Anita's Tried & True Recipes
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.