Print Friendly Recipe
- Spicy little red potatoes
- Thanda Louviere
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) of little red potatoes
- 1 bag of crab boil
- 1 large pot of boiling water
- liberal dash of crushed red pepper
- large 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter
- Cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's or Zatarain's)
- 1 large onion (peeled)
- Clean potatoes.
- Boil potatoes in large pot with crab boil and crushed red pepper until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Save 1/4 cup (60 ml) of crab boil water to saute' onion.
- Peel and dice onion in medium pieces.
- Saute' onion with butter and crab boil water until onion is brown and tender (not burnt).
- Pour onion sauce onto potatoes and stir.
- If potatoes are not seasoned enough to your taste, sprinkle cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Stir and serve.
- If you do not have crab boil, make your own seasoning.
Simply add a large dose of crushed and ground red pepper, salt, and minced garlic to your water.
Boil a cut up lemon with your potatoes to add zest.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.