Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). bag frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sugar
- 2-1/4 inch-thick lemon slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- lemon wedges
- low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until berries are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Discard lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
- Puree half of soup in blender or processor.
- Transfer all of soup to medium bowl and refrigerate until very cold.
- Divide soup between 2 bowls.
- Serve with lemon wedges and dollop of vanilla yogurt.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.