Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) savory
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed potatoes
- pastry for an 8" two crust pie
- Brown meat and onion.
- Drain fat and mix with other ingredients.
- Fill pie shell with meat mixture and cover with top crust.
- Crimp and seal the edges and make slits on the top.
- Make foil collar for edge of crust so that the edge does not burn.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees (175 C.) and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.