Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy candied topping for yams or sweet potato
- Stan Myers
- 40 oz (1120 grm). can of Sugary Sam Cut Yams, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place yams in ungreased 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole or glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients, blend well with a fork.
- Sprinkle over the yams.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 40 minutes or untill bubbly.
- This recipe was on the lable of a can of Sugary Sam Yams, but it is now a bookmark in my Joy of Cooking cookbook and a family tradition.
It is easy to double or triple and even easier to make. Holds up well as a leftover.
Other ingredient options:
Use sweet potatos instead of yams.
Any rich nut, like walnuts, will work in a pinch if you don't have pecans.
When desert is offered, many diners prefer a third helping of these yams.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.