Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 oz (56 grm) sweet butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) light brown sugar
- 24 oz (672 grm) fresh cranberries
- 4 oz (112 grm) sweet butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a 9" round cake pan or springfrom pan, melt 2 oz (56 grm) of butter with the brown sugar over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cranberries onto the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl or mixer, cream the 4 oz (112 grm) of butter with the granulated sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the yolks and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Alternatley mix in the milk and the dry ingredients; stir only until mixed.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold into the cake mixture.
- Pour cake mixture over cranberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 60 mintues or until the cake is done.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.