Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- dash of cayenne
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar cheese (about 8 oz)
- 1 cup (225 ml) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can diced chilis
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Melt butter in a 9 in square baking pan in oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until well blended.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne,
- Tip the baking pan to coat bottom and sides: add melted butter to eggs.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, and chilis and blend well.
- Pour mixture into buttered pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake another 30 to 35 minutes longer until top is lightly browned.
- Knife in center should show no evidence of uncooked egg.
- Let cool on a rack at least 10 min.
- Cut into 1 1/2 in squares.
- If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Freeze for longer storage.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
- I always make this for buffets or when I am going to a party and have to bring an appetizer. It is easy and everyone loves it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.