Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 oz (7 grm). envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 oz (336 grm). fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) port wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) toasted, broken pecan pieces
- Measure out 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice and sprinkle gelatin over the juice.
- Set aside to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, port, remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice, apricots and sugars.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to dissolve sugars.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture while stirring and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold or dish lightly sprayed with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Smooth the top.
- Refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- If using a mold: to serve, dip the bottom of the mold in hot water.
- Turn onto a serving plate, tapping mold to release jellied sauce.
- This was a hit at our Thanksgiving and a great holiday side to almost any meat.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.