Print Friendly Recipe
- A Sweet Venison Stew
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean venison, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- water to cover
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce or to taste (add more at end if desired)
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) steak sauce or to taste (add more at end if desired)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Harvey's Bristol Cream or Savory & James liqueur
- roux to thicken (flour & water) or whatever you use to thicken gravy
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced bread or cooked rice or noodles
- Put cubed venison, onions, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and water in crockpot.
- Simmer until meat is tender.
- Add rue to thicken.
- Add Harvey's or Savory and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over bread slices or rice or noodles.
- It's not necessary to use the liqueur but that's what gives it it's unique flavor. Enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.