Print Friendly Recipe
- Garlicy caesar with healthy celery in place of croutons
- Allen Miglore
Serves/Makes:4 (you'll want seconds)
- 1 head crisp romaine lettuce, washed, dried, torn
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar (or less)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) anchovy essence OR 1 tsp (5 ml) anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce (or more)
- 1/2 to 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (2 if small)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Add garlic to a large salad bowl.
- Add olive oil and stir and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add vinegar, anchovy essence, Worcestershire, and lemon juice, and stir.
- You can let this sit while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and celery and toss
- Add parmesanand fresh ground pepper before a final toss.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don't care for anchovies leave them out and add a little salt to taste. If you can't find anchovy essence, then use 1 t. anchovy paste or minced anchovies.
If the lemon is very juicy you might want to only use 1/2.
This recipe is great with cooked chicken or shrimp added.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.