Print Friendly Recipe
- Boiled Artichokes
- Melody McAllister
- 2 Artichokes
- Melted Butter
- Ranch salad dressing
- Rinse artichokes well.
- Cut tips off of leaves,with a pair of scissors, holding it by the stem
- Cut about 1/2 inch off of the top of the artichoke with a knife.
- Cut off stem.
- Place in large kettle and cover with water.
- Add a generous amount of salt. (about 2 tsp)
- Bring to a boil, and boil for about 45 minutes or until it feels tender when you insert a sharp knife in the bottom.
- Turn upside down and drain.
- Serve whole with melted butter, or (my favorite) Uncle Dan's Original southern (Ranch) Dressing (it's a package mix) made with sour cream and mayonaise.
- Eat just the tender part at the base of the leaves.
- When leaves are gone, scrape purple and white petals from top of heart and trim bottom of stem.
- Dip artichoke heart in melted butter or dressing.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.