Print Friendly Recipe
- A good cake to serve with coffee or tea
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 7 oz (196 grm). butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 oz (56 grm). chocolate
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut butter into small portions and put in bowl.
- Add sugar and blend into a uniform paste.
- Add the eggs one at a time, blending after each.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift flour into a separate bowl.
- Add the flour and sour cream half at a time, alternating between the two, and blending after each.
- Add half of the grated chocolate into the mixture and blend.
- Oil a cake pan with butter, and pour in half the mixture.
- Cover the mixture with the remaining grated chocolate; then pour the remaining mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick through the top of the cake; it should be dry when you remove it.
- This cake is really very easy - it takes 20-30 minutes to prepare, and another 35-45 minutes to bake; all in all, about an hour from start to finish.
Considering the simplicity of the cake, it is surprisingly fluffy and quite good.
The name is a rough translation of its basic description.
This recipe comes from my mother, and is one of my personal favorites.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.