Print Friendly Recipe
- Jackie Smith
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). cornstarch
- dash salt
- 4 egg yolks,slightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) coconut
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). cocoa powder, optional
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- 2 pre-baked pie crusts
- Mix in large sauce pan sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder (if using).
- Add 3 cups (700 ml) milk, saving last cup of milk to the side with the egg yolks mixed in.
- Heat until boiling, let boil until thickens, stirring constantly.
- Mix last cup of milk with egg yolks and add to mixture on stove.
- Let boil for 1 minute and take off heat.
- Add butter and vanilla, mix well.
- Stir in coconut last.
- Place in baked pie crusts, and top with whipped topping or meringue.
- This makes a good pudding or pie filling for coconut, vanilla or chocolate and even makes a good banana pudding by substituting ingredients.
It is very rich and the richness may be cut down some by decreasing the sugar to 1 cup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.