Print Friendly Recipe
- Shrimp in spicy garlic butter
- William Bohannon
- 12 raw jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). salted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced fresh garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) blackened seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). mixed Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 3 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 bottle red wine, for drinking
- In saute pan melt butter and add garlic.
- Saute briefly, then add the shrimp.
- Saute for 2 minutes then add the remaining ingredients.
- Sautee for 5 minutes and stir well.
- Serve over or with the French bread and use the bread to sop up the sauce.
- Drink red wine with this meal for the complete experience.
- I have used this recipe for years always have people begging for it.
This recipe given to me from an old man from New Orleans.
It contains nutmeg which you probably won't find in similar versions.
Sometimes I make it hot and spicy sometimes sweet.
Feel free to change it to your liking.
It is always a hit at parties and so easy to make.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.