Print Friendly Recipe
- Sissy Wommack
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup (175 ml) of sugar
- heaping 3 tbsp (45 ml) of plain flour
- dash of salt
- handful of coconut
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Put milk on and warm.
- Mix flour-sugar and salt together, and add to milk.
- Cook until almost thick, on Med. to Med. High.
- Separate the eggs and slightly beat the egg yolks.
- Add about 1/2 to 1 cup (225 ml) of the thickened milk mixture to the beaten egg yolks and beat it together.
- Then add the egg and milk mixture back to the remaining milk mixture and continue to cook until thick.
- Take off stove and add the coconut and the butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baked pie shell.
- Beat the 3 egg whites until they begin to get stiff then add 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cream of tarter.
- Add 6 tbsp (90 ml) of sugar, one at a time, to the egg whites.
- Continue to beat, add 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla and beat until stiff.
- Spread the beaten egg whites onto of the coconut cream mixture.
- Make sure you spread the whites to the edges of the cream until it touches the crust.
- Sprinkle a small amount of coconut on top of the egg whites (merangue).
- Put in oven on 350 and bake until brown.
- Spreading beaten egg whites all the way to the crust will help keep the merangue from shrinking and weeping.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.