Print Friendly Recipe
- Super Easy & Very Tasty! Friends Love This!
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). stew beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- potatoes, celery, carrots and onions, cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) (heaping) Oxo Beef Powder or other beef boullion concentrate
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 can whole mushrooms
- Put meat,flour, salt & pepper in crock pot and coat meat well.
- Meat does not to be browned. Trust me!
- Into hot water add Oxo Beef Powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and minced garlic.
- Add to crockpot with all other ingredients.
- Top to rim of pot with water.
- Mix well.
- Add bay leaves and cook on high all day.
- Before serving add can of whole mushrooms including juice(adding mushroom juice is optional).
- Heat long enough for mushroom to heat through.
- This is the very best stew recipe I have. Coating the meat with flour will
help it to get brown and will thicken the gravy. I have also made this recipe
the night before, stored in refridgerator raw and put on in the morning to cook.
Cutting raw onions in the morning is not a fun thing! Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.