Print Friendly Recipe
- Tortollini soup made from a bacon and onion base
- 1 lb (.5 kg). frozen tortollini
- 1 pkg. frozen whole leaf spinach
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz (406 grm).) chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 strips of bacon
- In deep stockpot, fry bacon strips until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon fat from stockpot.
- Turn heat to medium and add onions and garlic
- Cook until pearlized. Do not brown!
- Add the chicken broth and simmer (approx. 10 minutes)
- Add frozen spinach to simmering soup and allow to thaw.
- Add the tortollini.
- Simmer another 7 minutes or until tortollini rise to the top.
- Pour into soup bowls and top with crumbled bacon bits
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.