Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck found it on the web
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can Thai Kitchen pure coconut milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked sticky rice
- Soak rice in cold water for 3 hours.
- Drain and steam over boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Combine coconut milk, sugar and salt.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- As soon as the rice is cooked, put it in a bowl and pour the coconut mixture over it.
- Stir to combine well.
- Allow rice to rest for 30 to 60 minutes to absorb the coconut milk.
- You may serve the sticky Rice on a platter or individual bowls.
- Garnish each bowl with cut mango.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature.
- Sticky rice is available in Asian stores or some Health Food stores.
Sticky rice needs to be soaked and then steamed in a bamboo steamer lined with cheesecloth or a steamer insert over a large pot of boiling water.
Hope this is what you are looking for. Sticky rice for Sushi is prepared differently. Have it also, if you want it.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.