Print Friendly Recipe
- Date Filled Cookie Recipe
- Chucks copy of the Heart of Settlement Cookbook 1951
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rolled oats
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnut pieces (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, melted
- 1 lb (.5 kg) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- rind of 1 lemon
- rind of 1 orange
- Mix all ingredients (except filling), stirring in butter last.
- Pat half the mixture into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Spread with the date filling.
- Place remaining dough over filling.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Cut while warm.
- Dust with powdered sugar or top with plain icing.
- To Make Filling:
- Boil all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Hope this is what you are looking for. Also have a " Date Pinwheel"
if you would like it let me know . It is also a filled cookie.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.